IP178C integrated a 9-port switch controller, SSRAM,
and 8 10/100 Ethernet transceivers. Each of the transceivers complies
with the IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, and IEEE802.3x specifications. The
transceivers are designed in DSP approach in 0.18um technology;
they have high noise immunity and robust performance.
IP178C operates in store and forward mode. It supports
flow control, auto MDI/MDI-X, CoS, port base VLAN, bandwidth control,
DiffServ, SMART MAC and LED functions, etc. Each port can be configured
as auto-negotiation or forced 10M/100M, full/half duplexmode. Using
an EEPROM or pull up.down resistors on specific pins can configure
the desired options.
Besides an 8-port switch application, IP178C supports
one MII/RMII ports for router application, which supports 7 LAN
ports and one WAN port. The external MAC can monitor or configure
IP178C by accessing MII registers through SMI.
MII/RMII port also can be configured to be MAC mode.
It is used to interface an external PHY to work as an8+1 switch.
- Support 1k MAC address
- Support auto-polarity for 10M
- Support filter/forward special DA option
- Support broadcast storm protection
- Auto MDI-MDIX option
- Support port security option to lock the first
- Support one MII/RMII port, which works at 100M
full duplex for router application
- Support port base VLAN & tag VLAN
- Support CoS
- Support SMART MAC function
- Support spanning tree protocol
- Support max forwarding packet length 1552/1536
- Support SCA
- Support two fiber
ports with far end fault function for IP178CH only
- Built in 3.3V/2.5V --> 1.8V regulator